Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Update

It's been a while since I've had time to work on my EV, but the weather was good enough today to motivate me.

Today I finally mounted the EV Display to a Pillar Pod:

I purchased the EV Display this past fall and I have had it bouncing around the cup holders while I came up with a way of installing it into the dash board. A few weeks ago I decided that a Pillar Pod would be better and I'm glad I went that way. It took me a total of 30 minutes to pull off the pillar, drill the holes for the Pillar Pod, then run the Ethernet cable and mount it all back together.

Now I now longer have to look down to see my battery stats, which is really nice. Next of my list of things is installing the J1772 connector. I've been slowly working on the mount for it but with the weather being so awful I just haven't had the motivation, or a garage to work in.

I'm also working on some way of logging data while I drive. I've come to down to two ideas, rig up a Raspberry Pi to the EV Display and Zilla, or get an Android in-dash Nav System/Radio and write some logging apps for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment